Our Mission, Vision, and Founding Principles
Dovetail Learning is a non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening resilience in children and the adults who serve them.
Our mission: to help adults and children become their best selves through fostering resilience internally, in their relationships, and within their communities.
Our Vision: to create a world of kind, connected human beings.
We achieve our mission by:
- Training and coaching educators and pediatric providers to develop their own social emotional and resilience skills, for themselves and so they can help children and families better.
- Creating Open Education Resource curricula and guides with these resilience skills so professionals and families can create their own, context-specific resources.
- Providing an online engagement platform so people can share their learnings and products with each other.
Leveraging our decades of hands-on experience helping children, families, and professionals, we transform how society approaches health and wellness at a human and systems level. We Are Resilient™ strengthens resilience skills in people of all ages, and disrupts cycles of trauma to promote healing in families across generations. With a focus on collaboration, We Are Resilient™ is being taught to teams in health clinics, schools, and other organizations so that whole communities have a common language to foster wellness together. We believe that an understanding of human development should be universally accessible to all, and the Open Educational Resources (OER) model (free and adaptable in any context) is the fastest and most effective way to reach those in need. We strive to scale our work to make it available to all who want it.
Our Founding Principles:
- Resilience is an innate capacity that grows within authentic relationships.
- Sharing our life stories about coping and thriving builds connection and belonging.
- Inquiry-based conversations invite people to solve their own problems.
- Emotions and feelings guide us to a deeper understanding of ourselves.
- Strong communities occur when kindness and trust create connection.
- Dignity: Honoring and respecting yourself and others.
- Courage: Standing up for what is important in the face of fear.
- Vulnerability: Openness to truth and authenticity
- Openness to Love : Receiving and giving love