Below are links to news articles about the importance of TOOLBOX to wellness and wellbeing of children, families, teachers, and society:
- Could Teaching Empathy Prevent the Next Mass Shooting? (Wall Street Journal, June 2016)
- Stopping the Next Shooter: Could Teaching Kids Empathy and Mindfulness Really Help? (M. V. Wood, Cal Alumni Association—UC Berkeley, California magazine, October 2015)
- BUSD curriculum aims to boost emotional intelligence (Coby McDonald, Berkeleyside, October 2015)
- Sustainable Solutions (Sam Euston, Sonoma County Gazette, April 2015)
Awards for TOOLBOX™ Program
- 2007 Sonoma County Community Service Project award, Board of Supervisors and Volunteer Center of Sonoma County; commendation from Representative Lynn Woolsey.
- 2000 Jack London Award for Educational Excellence from Sonoma State University, Rohnert Park, California.
- 1999 “Program of Excellence” from the Sonoma County Office of Education.
“What I found in (TOOLBOX) are the foundational tools toward building not only sustainable solutions,
but tools for building a more meaningful and positive future.” — Sam Euston